Dana Hepper, director of policy and advocacy at Children’s Institute, and James Barta, strategic director at Children First for Oregon, provide a timely policy update on the current legislative session.
- The Senate vote on HB 3427, which has passed the House and allocates $2 billion to education, continues to be delayed.
- Approximately $400 million in this package is dedicated to early childhood.
- Oregon Business and Industry is neutral on the bill.
- Many Republican senators are pushing for further negotiations.
- If the bill secures 18 votes in the Senate it will become law; it’s likely it will then be referred to voters.
- Your voice matters! Use the link below to contact your senator.
Visit our policy page for more information about our full policy agenda.